Thứ Ba, 30 tháng 11, 2010

MY SON CHAM RUIN (QUANG NAM)

Mankind builds marvelous and imagination-defying cities and structures, then erases them again as the centuries, along with the fickle loyalty of scholars, priests, kings, and common people render them either obsolete or irrelevant. The ruins of My Son in Vietnam, not far from Da Nang and Hoi An, fall into this category.
My Son was once an impressive place, a holy valley of impressive Hindu temples and burial grounds of the royalty of the Champa people. My Son was the Vietnamese equivalent of places like Cambodia's Angkor Wat and Egypt's Valley of the Kings. In its heyday, My Son included over seventy temples, along with a number of monuments with inscriptions in both Sanskrit, the holy language of ancient India, and Cham. In 1999, UNESCO named My Son a World Heritage Site...Read more

VISIT VIETNAM WITH ASIANAWAY TRAVEL
Vietnam Tours:
Da Nang - Hue - Hoi An - My Son - 4 Days - 104 USD
Best of Central (4 days) - 152 USD

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét