Most of Hanoi's nightlife is centered around Hoan Kiem Lake and the Old Quarter. Police interference has kept Hanoi's nightlife under strict control, with most establishments closing long before midnight. Don't let that put you off, however - try the places we've listed below and you'll be able to see a side of Hanoi that doesn't get much play in the tourist books.
1. Funky BuddhaFunky Buddha is one of the newer lounge bars in Hanoi, far shinier in appearance than most of the more established places in the city. It’s meant to appeal to the late teen-early twenties crowd with its epilepsy-inducing blinking lights on the dance floor and the music played on the premises (conventional dance music, little more besides).
Weekends are Tequila and Sambuca nights, with special prices for the aforementioned drinks.
- Address: 2 Ta Hien Street, Hoàn Kiem, Hanoi
- Phone: +84 4 32927614
- Email: email@example.com
2. DragonflyA younger crowd frequents Dragonfly for the dance and hip-hop music (albeit a relatively small dance floor), the relatively cheap booze, the foosball table, and the shisha (Turkish water-pipe) lounge on the second floor.
Dragonfly’s atmosphere is fairly open and friendly, with a good mix of local expats and tourists keeping the place busy. Sunday is ladies' night in Dragonfly.
- Address: 15 Hang Buom, Hoàn Kiem, Hanoi
- Site: www.dragonfly.vn
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
VISIT VIETNAM WITH ASIANWAY TRAVEL
Vietnam tours and Vietnam Hotel
VIETNAM NORTHER TOUR
VIETNAM CENTRAL TOUR
VIETNAM SOUTHERN TOUR